DStv Media Sales- Nigeria, seeks to appoint a dynamic and self-motivated candidate to assume responsibility as an Account Manager. The incumbent will report to the Sales Manager – Dstv Media Sales and be based at the company’s offices in Victoria Island, Lagos.
External factors which will influence the work environment taking future conditions and strategic requirements into account:
- Lucrative business environment
- Fast paced dynamic organisation
- DStv Media Sales policies and procedures
Advertising Industry (Agencies and Clients)
- DMS Team
- DMS Content Sales Team
- DMS Marketing Department
- DMS Contracting and Scheduling Department
- DMS Finance Department
Services and information which the individual must provide to external individuals or groups, or one another to accomplish the organisation’s mission and strategy:
- Take ownership and manage the channels within your portfolio: information, identify opportunities and accurately package opportunities for sponsorship purposes.
- Selling and up-selling new and existing clients in the advertising industry specific DStv BTL opportunities with the Sales teams to support team revenue goals and assist in achieving budgets for the channels within your designated responsibility.
- Educate, propose and secure buy-in on specific DStv BTL opportunities to maximize revenue potential across all relevant properties.
- Provide world-class customer service
- Develop and build new relationships and maintain existing customer relationships.
- Develop an understanding of clients business, products, services, customer profile, marketing and business objectives, competitors and sales for strategic advantage.
- Assist the Sales teams in bespoke solutions for clients, briefs, trafficking, quality control and deadline management.
- Present ideas in an interesting, engaging and compelling way that shows credibility and passion.
- Update channels on a monthly basis on content performance and sellable opportunities.
- Personal capabilities which are critical to the production of quality outputs are:
- A sound understanding of the Nigerian media industry – particularly the TV industry
- Existing Ad Industry relationships
- Proven ability to build productive relationships
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong people skills/outgoing personality
- High attention to detail
- Team Player
- Conflict Resolution
- Exceptional selling skills
- Sales or marketing tertiary qualification
- Minimum 5 years sales experience
- Knowledge of the advertising industry
- Media sales experience – preferably television
- Fully computer literate (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
Please email your applications in the form of CVs, to email@example.com
Closing date: 19th December 2014