There are at least 22 Things Marriage teaches both Singles and Married. They are:
1) Marriage is for grown up people, not for kids. If you aren’t willing to grow up in love and in responsibilities, it won’t work.
2) Marriage takes lots of forgiveness. Two imperfect people will find a way to do some things that irritate, frustrate, anger or hurts the other.
3) Marriage will require you to say “I’m sorry” even when you aren’t wrong. Many times you choose peace over being right. That’s how it’s being run successfully.
4) Marriage demands that you learn to communicate. You have to talk about the issues with your spouse not your parents and friends.
5) Marriage will teach you how to pray because only God will give the grace to have only one partner forever.
6) Marriage will teach you to be patient. No hurry in dining room and in the bedroom.
7) Marriage will teach you to abandon selfishness. It simply won’t be your way all the time. There is someone else to consider.
8) Marriage will teach you what unconditional love looks like. Once you see your partner at their worst, will your love stay on?
9) Marriage will teach you not to sweat the small stuff. Most of it is small stuff.
10) Marriage will teach you that you are powerless to change a spouse. People change over-time by themselves.
11) Marriage will teach you that there are many things you need to change about yourself.
12) Marriage will allow you to experience forgiveness. The forgiveness that was so hard to give, you will need at some point.
13) Marriage will teach you to laugh, because some of your partner’s actions will amaze and amuse you.
14) Marriage will teach you how to build a life with someone who is probably different from you.
15) Marriage will teach you that there is no 50/50 divide. Both folks have to give more and not expect to receive more.
16) Marriage will teach you how to receive comfort from the person who made you cry.
17) Marriage will teach you that your spouse should be your best friend ever.
18) Marriage will teach you how to find joy in small things: a small piece of meat from your spouse’s mouth for example.
19) Marriage will teach you that sometimes “romantic” means seeing him wash the clothes and cook dinner for the house.
20) Marriage will teach you how to share a bed even if you’re very angry and upset.
21) Marriage will teach you to see a person’s heart even when their actions are the opposite.
22) Marriage will teach you that life should not be perfect for it to be amazing! Make every moment really count.