The entire purpose of the first date is to get to know each other and make a good first impression. However, this is not possible at all if all you can do is to sit and stare at each other all night. The best way to break the ice and make good conversation is by asking questions. For that reason, we’ve compiled 30 first date questions for you to use.
30 First Date Questions
- What are your favourite pastimes?
- Would you rather stay indoors or go out?
- Which type of books do you really enjoy?
- What’s your definition of an exciting person?
- Do you have any movie preferences?
- What are your biggest adventures so far?
- Do you like pets?
- What is your obsession these days?
- Do you travel often?
- If you could try out international cuisine, which would you go for?
- What’s your dream job?
- If you had enough money to stay unemployed for life, what would you do with the rest of your life?
- With enough time and money, what hobbies would you be most interested in?
- Favourite vacation locations?
- Favourite music artist?
- What is your definition of a perfect morning?
- What’s the one thing you can never say no to?
- Your silliest fear?
- Assuming it was cool to nickname yourself as you please, which nickname would you go for? Why?
- What are the wrong assumptions that people make about you?
- If you could move anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What’s the most interesting fact about you?
- Are you shy or bold at a presentation?
- If you had the chance to travel back in time just to observe with no one being able to see, touch, or hear you, where will you go?
- If you could have the answer to any question, what would you ask?
- Would you rather be super intelligent or immortal?
- When would you like to retire?
- If you could talk to your past self, what would you say?
- Even if you’re not an outdoors person, when you do go outside, what’s your favourite thing to do?
- If you had the world’s attention for thirty seconds, what would you say?
This list is very helpful if you’re looking to make good conversation with the cute lady sitting across you at the restaurant. However, you’ll give a completely bad impression if you start stealing glances at your screen so you can remember what to say. Our best advice is that when/if things start feeling forced or monotone, simply go natural.