There are many benefits of laughing more even in the face of hard times. The phrase “laughter is the best medicine” has been proven to be true. Having a good sense of humour and being able to laugh is beneficial to our mental health. Here are some reasons you should be laughing more:
- Laughing Relaxes the Body: A Good doze of laughter can leave your muscles relaxed for more than 45 minutes.
- Laughter Protects the Heart: Laughter improves the function of the blood vessels, increases blood flow which protects you from cardiovascular problems and heart attacks.
- Laughing boosts the Immune System: Laughter increases your resistance to diseases caused by stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies
- Laughing Releases Endorphins: This is the feel-good body chemical that can make you feel better and temporarily relieve pain.
- Laughter Burns Calories: while this is no replacement for exercising, a 10-minute laughter a day can burn up to 40 calories.
- You Increase Your Chances to Live Longer: Studies show that people with a good sense of humour tend to live longer than people who do not laugh as much.
- Laughing Helps Lower Anxiety: Laughter can help you put things into perspective and help you cope in difficult situations. By seeing the funny side of an adverse situation, it limits the effect of stress and promotes a positive mood.
- Helps the Respiratory System: By leading to an increased heart rate, respiratory rate and oxygen consumption, laugher provides the fastest and easiest method of regulating breathing and flushing out the lungs.
- Laughing Makes You More Attractive: People tend to find those with a good sense of humour relatively more attractive. This is because it makes one more comfortable to be around in a social situation.
Now that you are aware of the numerous benefits of laughing more, you should make laughter part of you.