Hey! Jesus loves you
“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you” Matt 6:33 (KJV). You are a product of what you do daily. Having daily quiet times with God is the best investment into your all round success in life.
Quiet time is the time you spend in God’s presence, reading His word and praying. It is a time you shut down every other thing to focus on God. It is a time to fellowship with God and enjoy the Father-Child relationship.
You rub mind with the Most High God during your time with Him. His virtues rub off on you and you start becoming like Him. That means you become more and more successful as you spend more time with the God of success. Isn’t that great!
Now, let’s look at how Quiet time affects your all round success in life.
Benefits of Quiet time
- Wisdom– “And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise…” 2 Tim 3:15 (KJV). Many of our problems are purely wisdom problems. You acquire wisdom on how to go about every aspect of your life, how to enjoy a successful marital and family life, success in business or career, total health, etc. For instance, Proverbs is full of practical wisdom nuggets for all round success in life. Furthermore, during prayers God drops the wisdom on how to handle any issue bugging you.
- Knowledge- “Call unto me, and I will answer thee and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not” Jer 33:3 (KJV) Quiet time enables you to gain knowledge from the creator of the whole universe. Yes, even that thing that is like a mystery to you!
- Understanding– Have you ever gotten to a point where a thing is like parable to you? All that gets sorted out when you spend time in God’s word and in prayer. “But only with God are perfect wisdom and might; He alone has true counsel and understanding” Job 12:13 (AMP)
- Direction– “And your ears will hear a word behind you, saying, this is the way; walk in it, when you turn to the right hand and when you turn to the left.” Isaiah 30:21 (AMP). When you are on a cross-road concerning any issue, God will always give you direction. But it is during your quiet time with God that you sharpen your hearing ability.
- Peace-The acid-test for a right decision or choice is Peace of mind. As you present your choices before God, He will lead you by way of peace of mind on which one to choose. “He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams” Psalm 23:2 (NLT)
- Faith-Do you wonder whether you will succeed in what you are doing? The grace to believe God for help comes as you fellowship with Him and learn how much He desires to help you to succeed in your endeavours.” Fear not, you worm Jacob, you men of Israel! I will help you, says the Lord, your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel.” Isaiah 41:14 (AMP)
- Self Confidence– Confidence is very important if you are to enjoy success in life. Quiet time with God enables you to build up confidence. “For I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength.” Philip 4:13 (NLT)
God shares the secrets of success with you as you spend time with Him. When you give God some time of the day, God ensures that the rest of the day is most fruitful for you and that you enjoy all round success. So, have quiet times with God starting from today and enjoy the blessings that follow!
What other benefits do you know?